Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Life

Sorry I haven't updated this blog in a while. We have been super busy. We moved the beginning of Nov. and I (Misty) had the privilage to unpack the boxes with a toddler running around our home...aka...undoing what I just neatly did. Yes, I like my things in their spots...I can't help it. Our friend Adam back in NC would come over with his wife and he would move something out of it's spot to see how long it took for me to notice..Go Figure!

Anyways, we don't have internet so I haven't been able to update I would have desired, plus it took about a month to get fully settled, along with starting at our new church, Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, Christmas, Christmas travel to TN..where we all drove back ..18 hour trip..praise the Lord Kaylee did well..she got fussy the last 4-5 hours but it was late so it was time to sleep. She would wake up about every hour, cry because she wanted out of her carseat and then fall back to sleep. Then we had to re-organize our home due to Christmas, which took awhile and then New Years and now we are here today.

Kaylee is growing so much and learning so much. She is starting to potty train. we are not rushing it, just going with the flow. She has gone a couple of times and then sometimes refuses to go..she gets upset when she goes number 2 in her diaper. She is a ball of energy and sweet as can be. We just love the random kisses and huges she gives. It just melts our hearts. She can put on her own socks and shoes..it takes time so when we need to go I do it, but she can put them on correctly. She LOVES shoes, that is her favorite word right now. She loves anything girly. Purses, shoes, dress up stuff, jewerly, shoes, mom's purse (that she gets in trouble for), shoes and gum. Oh my, we have had numerous battles with chewing gum. If she is quite and I can't find her, she has been in my purse with my gum in her mouth. She has pulled it down from fruniture, climbed on things to get my purse and so forth. She has deceided that she will take the consequence for getting into my purse just so she can have the taste of the gum. She has finally reached the 20 pound mark. Just recently.Praise the Lord! So we are in front facing car seat that she loves. She loves, loves, loves to sing. She goes around singing her songs. Twinkle, Twinkle, ABC's- and A A apple, B B Ball are some of her favorites. She does the motions to I've got the Joy, Joy Joy Down in my heart.
She got a kitchen for Christmas (her cousin Gabby's) so she has a blast with pretend play in the kitchen..we could play forever. She's got some of her toys outside on our balcony-sandbox, slide, bowling pins and loves to play out there. We have so many we can't figure out what to do with them all and have left some at Josh's parents house. She's got a lot that just take up space, She now has my old table and chairs I used with my sister to play with and Jerry, my grandfather who has passed away, had a huge part in engineering.
She loves to take baths and could play forever, she takes "special' adventures with daddy while mommy usually cleans up the kitchen..usually they go to the first floor and go outside and run around and 'check" things out. She also loves to brush her teeth and has to go first and then mommy or daddy finish. It is just so amazing to see the impact we have on our precious little girl. How much she is learning and how God is using us to teach her so much. She is talking so much now.
She is still blue eyes and blonde hair lil peanut. She has the bunny that she got from my gran (her great grandma) and it has her name on it. the bunny has silk on it and she sucks on it a lot and it smells so bad, we wash and wash this crazy thing and when we went to TN and my gran got her another one so she could go back and forth between the two so I could wash them more often. She sure does love her frog now and has a special love for both of them.
I am absolutely loivng staying at home and have been blessed so far to continue. I don't know what the Lord holds in the future with being at home but I am grateful for the time I am givin right now. Josh is loving the church and we are having a blast. Josh had 4-5 graders over for a movie in our movie theater downstairs and I am getting ready to have 2-5 grade girls over for a huge, and I mean huge slumber party..can't wait..it's going to be a blast. Josh said he is running far away from our home that night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment