Monday, July 13, 2009

Went to TN to see family

Everyone keeps telling me I should get a frequent flyers card for Kaylee bc we travel so much :) I do have to say it sure has been a blessing from the Lord to stay at home to where we have been able to travel as much as we desire to see family!! Thank You Lord! We started off by spending the night with MiMi and Poppy and Auntie Amanda. Auntie Sam wasn't around that night. Then the next four days we spent time with PaPaw. It was my dad's and his twins 50th birthday this year and since I was in town the month before we went ahead and threw a huge 50th party for them. Due to my grandmother not feeling well bc she never stops going :) I spent the next couple of days finishing out planning, buying and preparing for the party. It was so much fun and then Kaylee just stayed back with Gran, my grandmother -Kaylee's great grandmother and my dad. I got to hang out with one of my oldest best friends, Audrey Darbey Nelms. We went out to dinner together. She got to meet Kaylee for the first time. Once we were done we took Kaylee back to my dad's so they could hang out and that Audrey and I could get more quality time together. Kaylee had had enough with sitting in a high chair at Chili's :) Then we went out for ice cream and found a park and walked the trail for a good two hours before we realized how dark it really was and that we probably should have left a while ago. It was so wonderful to get to see her and I can't wait until Nov. when she has her first baby boy! On Friday night we had the big celebration and it was fun but I was exhausted!!! It was extremely hot outside and soaked up my engery from setting up outside all day long. But it was well worth it! then the next four days we spent time with MiMi. We went to my aunt Pat's house for a party for my cousin TJ's birthday party and then that night my best friend Patty happen to be having a second reception for everyone who could not come to Destin for the wedding. I honestly had forgotten about it bc I live in Fl and at the time when she said something I had no idea i would be in TN during that time. God's timing is AWESOME!! The rest of the time was relaxing. Kaylee played in the kiddy pool. Went to Toys R Us and Kaylee had a blast. Did a little shopping and went to the zoo. I was a bad wife and didn't think..oh yeah we have never taken kaylee to the zoo before and josh isn't with us. I fell terrible that happened but Kaylee is not very fond of all the animals, espeically the monkeys. They came up to the glass and her whole body literally started shaking...I got really scared. i grabbed her and walked away and she eventually calmed down. So I pray when we go to the zoo for the first time as a family it will be a great experience not only for josh but also for Kaylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment