Saturday, March 14, 2009

Celebrated 11 months in TN

Kaylee turned 11 months old while we were in TN visiting family. Every day she makes us laugh harder and smile bigger. She is our precious little one. She is tiny and petite! She weights roughly around 15 1/2 pounds with diaper on. She is still in size 2 diapers and I don't think she will be out of them any time soon. She is still wearing 6 -9 month clothes and some of her pants are still falling off of her and are way too long. On the way to TN she had just gotten in her 5th tooth and now as we are getting ready to head back home, her 6th tooth just came in and pushed through.

She is doing great with eating adult finger foods. The only difficulty is when she decides she doesn't want it, she lets you know and refuses to eat anymore but if you give her something to eat that she desires at the moment she will go back to eating her meal. Yes, I know not a good habit to start but you really can't teach an infant that she has to eat what's in front of her or she doesn't get anything else. It is very important for her to get all the nutrients and calories so if she refuses one thing I have to find her something else. Don't worry, when she's a toddler I don't plan on being a special order cook for her :) She has started drinking whole cow's milk and she loves it! She has been doing so well with drinking more. I went ahead and started her on cows milk when our trip went from 5 days to 12 days. I am still nursing and I can't just stop cold turkey with that so I am introducing cow's milk and eventually will loose the 3 feedings a day I do with nursing. I have had extreme opposite feelings toward nursing. There are moments I love it, the time with her, the way she looks at me, so funny things that she has done and then there have been moments that haven't been so great. Like when she first started getting teeth. I didn't know if i would be able to make it to a year but she eventually learned. Moments where I felt that was all I was good for and just wanting a break, wanting to be able to go out with some girlfriends and not have to rush home to nurse bc she wouldn't take a bottle no matter what we tried. In the end though, I think I am going to miss those sweet precious moments I have shared so intimately with her!

She is becoming less afraid of letting go each and every day. These past couple of days at my mom and Steve's house she has been doing laps around the coffee table and has even let go with both hands and taken one step and then she get's scared and slowly brings herself back down to the floor. She is still doing the monkey crawl. She sure can book it while doing the monkey crawl. It's qutie hillarious! She is into everything and finds more new things to explore each and every day. She absolutely loves being outside and animals!!! If she is in a new surrounding, you probably won't see her adorable smile she usually is showing off, due to she is studying each and every new little thing in her surrounding area. She is so intruged and fasinated by new people and objects. Obviously she loves lights and mirrors right now too :) She is growing up so fast right before our very eyes. I can't beleive that once we get back home, she will have less than 3 weeks until her 1st Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment