Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Blessing from the Lord on the way to TN

The trip started off with a blessing in disguise. After about 20 minutes of the flight attendants, pilot, and mechanical men on site at the Ft. Myers airport they canceled the flight. We all had to be rebooked. I remember sitting and watching them try over and over again and praying "Lord, I am really tired and just want to get there, please just let the door close and let us take off and go!" It isn't easy traveling by myself with Kaylee. Don't get me wrong Kaylee is a fabulous traveler. All the family says she should have her own frequent flyer miles bc of how much she has traveled in less than a year but still it's hard work! Then after a few moments the Lord spoke to my heart. He said what if I am trying to protect you from harm. At that moments I prayed "ok Lord, please don't let the door close if there could be a problem. I would rather get off and deal with all the hassel and be safe than no and something happen". I mean of course who wouldn't feel that way. I just remember thinking that even when difficult things happen, there is always a reason for them. After rebooking my flight and calling josh to come and get me, the Lord showed me what he protected us from. I was sitting at the check in area with Kaylee and all our stuff and a man came out and sat two seats down from us. He was on the phone telling his wife that he was running late bc of a problem with a plane. After he ended the phone call, he saw my Mem sticker on my luggage. He said you were suppose to be on that flight that was headed to memphis weren't you. He said you better feel lucky. He said that there was a 2 inch split in a part that cost $35,000 to replace and that if the door had closed and the plane had taken off, the plane would have depressurized and lost our oxygen on the plane. PRAISE YOU LORD! HE IS WATCHING OVER US AND PROTECTING US. THANK YOU!!! As we said in my youth group growing up "God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment