Monday, January 12, 2009

Trip to Jacksonville, Fl; Washington DC and St. Augustine






We took a a spur of the moment trip. We got in touch with our great friends Garrett and Lara Conner...meet at seminary. We actually moved on the same day to Florida. Josh called Garrett at 8 pm to see if he wanted someone to ride with him to DC and to help him move. He meant to call earlier that day and we had been talking about calling for a few days. So at 8:30 we rushed to eat dinner, rushed to pack for 3 people..one including our little baby girl and drive 6 hours to Jacksonville, Fl. We got there at about 3 am. Josh got up early the next morning and headed to Garrett's house. Then they headed to Wake Forest, NC. Loaded up the truck and spent the night. The next day they headed to DC. They spent the next couple of days unpacking, hanging out with some of Garrett's friends from the intership they are about to start at Captiol Hill Baptist Chruch and toured DC. Their new home is going to be on Captial Hill. Lara, Jack-her son who is 4 days younger than Kaylee and Kaylee and I got to hang out for the next 5 days. It was great getting to hang out one more time before they offically move to DC. On Monday we headed to St. Augustine for the day. We ate at Harry's and then had some amazing homemade icecream for dessert. The picture of Kaylee in a pack n play is when I found her after a nap wondering why she wasn't crying for me to get her and feed her. She had pulled the toast box off the table, gotten through the plastic slit and pulled out all the toast and had one in each hand eating on it. Too cute. I was blown away that one she knew that there was food in that box and how to get into it. That afternoon I got a huge scare. I went to put her down for her second nap and she was throwing a fit so I left her in her room to cry herself to sleep and walked out. About 45 minutes later Amanda, Lara's sister said I think she is still crying..I didn't hear her but all of a sudden I got this feeling like I needed to go and check on her and now! I went in and she was sitting up crying. I noticed she was gagging on something. I had moved all the food from the table next to her except the cereal box. Her cereal box has a big cap that you screw on and off. I thought that there is no way she could get into it so I didn't move it. She had gotten the cereal container down, somehow got the cap undone and put it in her mouth. I grabbed her out of the bed, trying to hit her on her back not realizing at the time what she was chocking on. Then I looked inside her mouth and saw the cap and had to use my fingers and reach all the way into the back of her mouth to pull the cap out. My heart was racing. It scared me half to death...not literally but I was shook up. I don't know how she got the cap off but she did. From this point on everything has to be out of reach, no matter how difficult it is to get into! Praise the Lord Amanda told me that she was still crying bc I couldn't hear her at that moment. Praise the Lord the cap was large enough she couldn't swallow it and it become stuck in her throat! Praise the Lord that nothing was extremely wrong to the point of something happening to Kaylee. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment