Friday, December 12, 2008

Kaylee's 1st Thanksgiving






Josh and I have decieded that for the holidays we can only travel to one set of parents. It was just getting out of hand how much traveling we were doing for the holidays. I remember one year we had "Santa" 5 times!! So this year we planned to go to Misty's parents and then for Christmas we were going to Josh's parents. It worked out even better due to the fact we are moving to Florida in two days and will get there 10 days before Christmas. Just enough time to settle into our new home and get ready for the day of Jesus's birth!!

Josh took off work early on Tuesday before Thanksgiving and we drove through the night to a small town outside of Nashville. Kaylee did great a first. She cried at the typical times when she needed something-aka:feeding but after a while she just got sick and tired of the car seat!!! We drove 9 hours that night. It was such a blessing that we drove through the night because it hit a large part of her bed time...Praise the Lord!!! When spent the night with Giles-one of Josh's best friends and then headed to Jackson, TN to see the Rolands-the Associate pastor and wife of the church Josh was a Youth Pastor at while at Union and had lunch with them. Then we headed toward West Memphis, Ar to see the Kings. We had a blast. About 10 miles outside of Memphis we deceided to drop Kaylee off at my mom's house bc Kaylee had enough of being in a car. It was another day of driving even though we were only a couple hours from Memphis bc we stopped to see people. We headed to see the Kings and their new home and enjoyed their company and friendship! Then late that night we headed back home to my mom's.

The next morning was Thanksgiving. We went to my aunts first and then to my grandmothers-dad side of the family. We all spent the night out there and then headed to my dad's house for Christmas. Kaylee had a blast! Then we headed to my mom's that night and had Christmas and hung out the next day with my family and then the Peasley's came into town and got to meet Kaylee and catch up! It was so good to see them too! We had to load the car up that night. It was packed to the brim. There was not an ounce of space left with things that have been saved for us when we had a baby. We had a rocking horse, 4-wheeler, clothes galore-praise the Lord, and much much more! God is so good!!! He always provides!! Josh left Sunday morning bc he had to get back to finsh up his last week at State Farm and his last week in school for this semester. He has a quite house to come home too-which he did not like- but it was good for him to study for his final. Kaylee and I spent the rest of the time hanging out with my family and got to see my best friends Patty and Hillary along the way! We flew home on Thursday the day of Josh's final. I don't have any pictures from the time spent with my mom and everyone on that side due to my camera was broken and I got a new camera but it did not fit my memory card so I am getting a new one! But here are some pictures with my dad and Kaylee.

No comments:

Post a Comment