Friday, December 12, 2008

8 Months Already!!

Kaylee just turned 8 months old while we are finishing up packing up our home to move to Florida.Kaylee is a little over 14 1/2 pds. I am having a blast being a mommy. Every day bring more excitment, fun and adventure! It is so amazing to "try" and see through the eyes of Kaylee. She is such a content, happy baby. She is full of energy. We can put her in her crib at 6 am after her feeding and get about 2 more much needed hours of sleep. She plays great all by herself but she loves when you get in the floor and she can climb all over you. She loves to dance and beatbox with daddy. She bouces on everything-it makes her smile and giggle. Kaylee is an extremely ticklish girl!!!! We have tickle sessions often just to hear her giggle out of control! It is the cutist thing ever. She is to a point now where she will take a few very slow steps on her own when she holds onto your fingers. It will be a long while before she walks on her own but she wants to walk so bad that there are many times where that is what she wants to "try" instead of crawling.

Kaylee loves playing peak a boo and lets copy mommy. I will put my head down and then she will mimick me and then I will lift it up and so forth. She knows it melts our little hearts so one morning we were all lying in bed and she started laying her head down the "cute" way. Kaylee loves to babble. She says a lot of babababa and mamamamama and close to dadada but there are no distint words in the sense she realizes what she's saying, just repeating. But I know this girl is going to Love to talk..but what girl doesn't? Kaylee loves books and puzzles. She has a puzzle that makes sounds of the animals that she plays with a lot.

Kaylee also has a strong willed sided. She lets you know when your doing something that she does not like you doing-aka- putting her down for a nap or bed, telling her no,no, and so forth. She has thrown quite a few temper tantrums. It just reminds Josh and I that we are born sinful and that only by God's grace can we strive to be more like Him.

One thing that I have fallen in love with is watching her on the monitor when she is sleeping. It is just so precious. I love it when she wakes up and starts to whimper-it is so sweet. I think that is the only time I "enjoy" her cry :) I just love being a mommy and getting to see all of these stages that she is going through. I have been blessed to be at home to experience this with her. Daddy is already wrapped our her little fingers. He is smitten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment