Monday, October 27, 2008

Running the Race!

I, Misty....defiently not Josh...he thinks running is of the devil :), have been training for the half martathon that is to be held on Dec. 6th in Memphis tn for St. Jude. I was extremely looking forward to it due to my step dad, mom, her sister and her son were training for it. It was going to be a famiy event. My best friend Lara and I have been training together and we were up to 6 miles a couple of weeks ago. We went out for an easy run of 3 miles and at the end of my run all of a sudden I wasn't able to run anymore. I started hobbling trying to finsh. I finshed but I have not run since and that was almost 3 weeks ago. I just tried to run again an easy 3 miler this past week but could not even make it a mile without severe pain in my knee.
I walked it off with Lara. As we did this I shared with her something I felt like the Lord was trying to say to me through all of this. I felt like the reason I was having knee problems was bc it was a spiritual issue. I have been wanting to run the race, I wanted to run with my family....I, I, and I. There is absolutely nothing wrong with running in the race for anyone else but it is for me.
I am a discussion group leader for MOPS this year and for me to run in this race I was going to have to miss the last meeting of this year in Dec. This meeting is when the speaker will present the gospel to all the women. I don't know if the Lord wants me to be there for my own spiritual growth or to lead someone to Christ but all I know is the Lord wants me to be at that meeting. The last meeting the discussion was on Priorities and is what you do day to day showing the true order of your priorities. Mops is one of my ministries and I was putting the race over one of my priorities. I honestly felt like the Lord had been speaking to my heart saying Misty until you make it clear that your not going to run in this race, your knee will hurt to where you will not be able to run. Since I have let my family know and truely got it out of my head that I was going to run this specific race my knee has felt a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment