Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kaylee is sitting, crawling and pulling up



I forgot to update my records of when Kaylee sat up the first time. Today is Oct. 28, 2008 and Kaylee sat up for the first time on Oct. 23, 2008 at Lara and Garret's house while playing with Jack. Jack has been sitting up for a couple of weeks and I was joking around and said "ok, Kaylee ready..your going to sit up and counted one two three and i let her go and she actually did it. I was expecting her to fall over. Kaylee has been trying to crawl for about a month and a half. At 5 months she started learning how to move her legs to crawl but couldn't push her arms up. Then at about 5 1/2 months she figured how to get up on her arms. Then all of a sudden she couldn't figure out how to move her legs so she would scoot around and rock back and forth on her arms and knees. At her 6 mth appointment her doctor said she might would skip sitting up bc she wanted to crawl so badly. Kaylee would not sit still long enough to even try to sit up. As soon as you would sit her up she would flip onto her stomach to push up. The doctor said she would eventually sit up but she might crawl first bc she wants to move.
On Oct. 28, 2008 Josh was home for lunch and was about to leave. Josh called for me to come downstairs. Kaylee was crawling...slowing but surely. She had her focus on the computer that was laying in the floor and wanted to get to it. I jumped up and down on the stairs. Once Kaylee got to the computer, Josh pulled her back for her to crawl some more. She is not speedy yet but sooner or later she will be. I already know I am in trouble bc last week she got acoss the room into some of my bags a couple of different days.
Earlier this morning, Oct. 28th, I put Kaylee in her laundry basket. Kaylee had hit her head on the floor while she was playing while I was folding laundry. I picked her up and soothed her. She reached out for the laundry basket so I thought it would be fun to put her inside it. It is the perfect size for her to sit up and could reach all sides of it..it's a round one. All of a sudden I see her looking at the other stuff around her..outside the basket and she starts to pull her self up. She got onto her feet and then fell down in the basket. So she didn't stay up very long.
A couple of days ago I was coming home and was on the phone with Josh and asked him what Kaylee was doing. He said she was playing. He all of a sudden said Kaylee is trying to pull up on the stool...she got to the first step and Josh got her..thank goodness!
She is a busy body and keeps me on my toes. We are so blessed to have a healthy baby girl! Thank You Lord!
Family - We let someone borrow our video camera so I will get video of her crawling and pulling up as soon as possible so all of you can see it so you don't have to wait til the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment