Sunday, March 14, 2010

Baby # 2 updates

Sorry it's been so long family and friends since I have up dated our blog. I am 14 weeks pregnant (3 1/2 months) and it has been a tough pregnancy so far for me. I am not complaining, greatful I have a precious child in my womb but it has been difficult compared to when I was carrying Kaylee. I have been nausea off and on a lot of days, which brings me to a point of laying on the couch a lot or in the floor by Kaylee playing. I have been getting severe headaches (usually at least one a day, sometimes more) that last for a good while..even Tylenol doesn't help some of them. I am not as exhausted these past two weeks, praise the Lord, because I was taking a nap almost every day while Kaylee took a nap (sometimes 2-3 hour naps). I hated it becuase I felt like I had lost so much time in the day to get stuff done but I know this is what my body is needing right now so I am just having to "let my house go" a little. I like everything in it's place and clean but lately it hasn't been like that everyday when Josh gets home.

He has been such an amazing husband and daddy. He's been so considerate by helping out extra with Kaylee and even getting her out of our condo for "adventures" a lot of nights. Sometimes they are only gone for 30 minutes (just enough time to get all the dishes cleaned up and the rest in the dish washer ) but Kaylee's loves them and it gives me some quiet time while I get it done. He has been great with dealing with the mess when he gets home.

I have also been getting sharp shooting pains in my legs, I think from sitting too long but I haven't been back to the doctor to be for sure. It can be quite painful and there is not much I can do to get rid of it. I get up and walk around and move up and down my legs and knees and it helps a little. I gained almost 6 pounds in between my first and second doctor's appointment. I will find out where I am when we go back to the doctor on March 22. We hope to find out the sex of our baby. We think it's a boy :) because this has been a completely different pregnancy and much harder. We are going to wait to announce it everyone when Josh get's ordained on April 11. Kaylee and his birthday is the day before, the 10th so we are going to dye the inside of her cake the color of the sex of the baby.

What has been super exciting is that I have been able to feel our baby move for about a week now..not just flutters..like wow..that felt like he/she flipped. It's not an all day experience but it's been pretty cool. Josh got to feel the baby last night for the first time. I know it's early but I read that it is normal to feel the baby earlier with the second pregnancy. God is good no matter how long the yuckness last...only 6 1/2 months max, right :) After we announce the sex to the family, we will post it on here for the rest of famiy and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment