Friday, August 14, 2009

16 months old Already

Every day is getting sweeter and sweeter with our precious little girl, Kaylee. Don't get me wrong we have to be strong and consistent with discipline with her but it is just a joy to have her in our little family! We love how she giggles, walks up to you and bends down to give you a kiss: then realizes how crazy you act as a parent after she does it so then she continues to do it about 10 to 15 more times before she stops, we love her toddler run: it's too cute, how she loves animals and is so affectionate to them. Her smile can make your day better and how we are reminded how much God loves us through her.

Yes, she is still wearing size 2 diapers and 9-12 month clothes. We will evenutally get her into 12-18 month clothes it just might not be until she is almost 2. :) Hey, she is our little peanut, what can we say, we love her. We had her "15 month" check up yesterday. We were late on it due to josh's cousin who was 16 died in a car reck a day before the appointment and the visitation was scheduled for that day. In the three months since we have been to the doctor she has only gained 1 pd. That is normal for a child her age but we are trying to catch up with weight. She weighs 17 pds. and 6 oz and is 28 inches long. The doctor isn't too concerned bc she's eating a lot better and drinking her calorie loaded milk'shakes". The doctor said though that she wants her to gain a full pound by the next visit (2 months at her 18 month check up) or they might run test on her to make sure she is just small and that nothing is causing her to not hold on weight. We are not worried at all bc 1. God is in control and 2. I was this way all my childhood. I was always "under weight" for my age and size but I mean my family is mostly filled with shorter women and now I married josh who let's say isn't a 6 foot tall guy :) love ya hubby! We will see what happens but I am not going to fret over it and allow it to take away my joy.

In about two weeks MiMi and Poppy are coming to Naples to visit...Kaylee is looking forward to it :)

* Our laptop is getting fixed right now, so that is why all my recent post-back through St. Lucia trip have no pictures. My parents are bringing it to us so then I can up load pictures. I am also having difficulty with our blog site. I appoligize that everything turns into one extremely long paragraph. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Sorry for the inconvience. love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment